The backbone of AMD's competitive advantage is the collaborative development of custom engineered solutions — from the initial design phase through 3D computer modeling — where customers and AMD engineers participate in an interactive process to create a motor that exceeds the requirements of its application.
The results speak for themselves: A line of AC and DC traction and pump motors and after-market parts that satisfy the motor requirements of some of the most successful and prominent companies in their respective industries. To submit a request for information regarding pump motors and/or traction motors, please click on the link that follows:
To learn more about our motors, features and after-market parts please see below.
AC & DC motors
At Advanced Motors & Drives we manufacture standard AC motors from 5.5" (114 mm) to 13.0" (330 mm) with continuous power ranging between .5 hp (.37 kw) to 35 hp (26 kw).
Our standard DC motors range from 4.5" (114 mm) to 9.0" (230 mm) with continuous power ranging between .5 hp (.37 kw) to 35 hp (26 kw).
Contact an AMD sales representative to learn about these standard motors, or to discuss the design and development of a custom motor to fit your application.
AMD's special purpose low-voltage wound field DC and AC traction and pump motors are designed and manufactured to ensure they meet the rigorous quality and performance standards of our customers. Our motors feature the following:
- Special purpose designs for a wide range of applications
- Robust construction for long and reliable service life
- Wide range of speed regulation with constant torque output
- High efficiency designs for maximum run time
- Sealed bearings with high temperature grease
- Heavy duty commutator construction
- Heavy duty brass brush boxes
- Stainless steel brush springs
- High temperature brush shunt connection
- Easy brush replacement
- High efficiency motor (peak 88%)
- All products built to class "H" insulation requirements and U.L. approved
- Motor temperature sensor (optional)
- Motor brush wear indicator (optional)
- Heat treated sand cast aluminum drive and commutator endheads
- Fully impregnated frame and field.
- Polythermaleze-coated armature and field coil wire.
- Armature impregnated with high temperature polyester varnish
In addition to the motors that AMD offers, we offer a wide range of motor component parts, including the following:
- Armature assemblies
- Commutator end heads
- Drive end heads
- Frame and field assemblies
- Field coils
- Brush holders
To learn more about Pump Motor Application, click here.
To learn more about after-market parts, contact Pat Hayes at 800-417-3811.